Am I eligible for assistance ?

Not everyone qualifies for help from the local authority under homeless legislation. Some people will not be entitled to help because, for example, they do not usually live in the UK.

It is likely that you will be eligible for help if you:

  • Usually live in the UK and immigration control does not apply to you
  • Usually live in the UK and immigration control does apply to you but your right to stay is not based on conditions
  • Have been given refugee status as a result of an aslylum application

If you are found not to be eligible for assistance, we can advise you to seek assistance from agencies such as NASS (National Asylum Support Service)

If you found to be eligible for assistance, the next stage of enquiry will be establishing whether you are homeless or threatened with homelessness.

We will need to see evidence of your identity, income or benefits, plus evidence of residency, for example:

Passport, Driving Licence, NHS Medical Card, Gas or Electric bill, TV Licence, Bank or Building Society Statements.

Contact Us

The first step you need to take is to contact the Homeless Section at Gwynedd Council here.

Homeless Advice Booklet

By Gwynedd Council